Sunday, January 31, 2010

My New Job

I finished my job at the hotel on Friday and now I start my most challenging and most rewarding job so far – being a stay-at-home dad. I’m very excited, as well as nervous and exhausted thinking about caring for the boys all day everyday.

Luke did well coming home last Sunday. He is exactly like Jack was when he came home – same looks, size and weight. Jack has been home over two months now and just when we were getting used to things and he was getting easier to take care of, now we start all over with feedings every three hours and very little sleep at night. Luke is on the same formula as Jack, but a higher concentration for more calories. He also will need to have his feeds thickened for 6-9 months, so that adds another step to the double feeds every few hours.

My mom flew in from South Carolina for the week and was a HUGE help. My last week at work was a long one (as usual), so it was great to have her stay with us and help us get through the first week.

No comments: