Monday, August 15, 2011

Tomorrow is the day......

We have been waiting for this to be done for a LONG time. I am all kinds of anxious and emotions. We have been pushing for this test for over a year and it is finally here. I feel like every recent decision related to Luke and future plans have been on hold until we know something from tomorrow's test. I am afraid they won't find anything and we will be back to square one. I am afraid they will find something that can't be fixed easily. I am anxious and scared and hopeful and every type of emotion out there!

Please pray for Luke and his doctors first and then you can squeeze me in. I think I am more nervous and worried about this test than I have been for any other procedure he has had. The reason being that this is a pivotal procedure in Luke's future. If they can't find anything, then nothing can be fixed, and we are looking at long term tube feeding.

If they can find something and can fix it, then we can let Luke heal and learn to start eating and drinking and working on a goal of getting his tube out! I am really okay if Luke wants to be a long term tube feeder but every mom wants the best for their child, the easiest road, and free from pain or discomfort. He is a healthy happy child either way but it hurts my heart to see him in so much pain every day. It hurts my heart for him to cry because he wants to eat and drink what we do and what his brother does and he can't have it because it makes him throw up every time. I want to take some of that pain and frustration and difference away from him! He has an amazing story and so much more life to add to it. I want this to be part of his story how God provided an answer and healing to his life!

Please keep us in mind tomorrow. We are checking in at Children's hospital at 6:30am and his procedure is to start around 8:30. We will update as soon as we know anything and have a little time to type! Keep this little face in your prayers:

No comments: