Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Prayers Please!

Hello All,

First I want to say sorry that I haven't posted about Ally yet. I promise that I will get to it before her first birthday. It does help that my wonderful husband got me a new laptop that actually works so I can update a little bit easier!!! Thank Babe!!!


On the road headed to Kansas City

Some big things are hopefully happening in the Luke eating department! Here is what is going on:

One random day back in December I was feeding my Facebook addiction and thoughtlessly scrolling through all the posts on my phone. Usually Facebook post random articles that we all ignore because they have nothing to do with our life or interest. There was an article titled "Learning to eat, at age 4". I clicked on it but didn't read it at that time probably due to one of the 3 kids needing something from me. A couple days later I opened my Internet app on my phone and started closing all the open web pages. I quickly skimmed the pages and closed them until I got to the page with the article on it. I read it and thought it was interesting. The article said that the trial was going to end in July so I didn't think much about it since I figured that it was too late to get in on that. Several days later it was still bouncing around in my head so I "googled" the trial and found it on the clinicaltrial.gov website. I read about it and became more interested about it. I saw that it was currently recruiting in Ohio, LA, and Kansas City. I talked to Ken about it and got the go ahead to email the Dr. in KC. I had lots of questions and there were some trial qualifications that Luke wouldn't meet currently. After a month or so of emailing, a phone conversation, lots of talks with Ken and my mom we decided to make the evaluation appointment! There is so much to write but I will save it for if he gets accepted..no reason to bore  you with the details until then.

Ate the icing but not the cake!
I am in Kansas City in the hotel room bed writing this blog now. His evaluation appointment is tomorrow and if he passes and gets accepted then his first clinical trial appointment will be Thursday. Please pray that Luke is cooperative and eats (BIG PRAYERS). Luke gets nervous around new doctors. He always asks "Are they going to lay me down?" To him if he gets laid down then bad things happen which was usually true when he was little!! With everything he has gone through he has every right to be nervous but I am praying he is at ease, talks, follows directions, and eats better than he normally does.

His appointment is at 9 am. I appreciate all the prayers. I will update when I can.

---R
That is as far as that (or any) fry made it in his mouth!






No comments: